A new location for student teachers to immerse themselves completely in the Irish language. Inis Oírr, the smallest of the Aran Islands, is characterized by its distinctive charm. It boasts a blue flagged white sandy beach with clear crystal waters. Classes will take place in the local secondary school which is fit for purpose and students stay in guesthouses approved by An Roinn Ealaíon, Oidhreachta agus Gaeltachta where they are immersed fully in Gaeilge which is spoken by an teaghlaigh agus muintir an oileáin. Labhrann muintir an oileáin ar fad Gaeilge agus is deis í seo feabhas a chur ar do theanga labhartha chomh maith le tumadh iomlán a fháil sa teanga, i saol agus i gcultúr an oileáin.
Fluency in the Irish language
· Formal Classes ( ranganna bunaithe ar an Siollabas do na Tréimhsí Foghlama Gaeltachta)
· Mentoring by our highly experienced teachers to prepare for the compulsory tasks undertaken by Ábhar Oidí and in collating the Fillteán Foghlama
· Fun sporting activities tailored to the primary school physical education curriculum – football, soccer, rugby, yoga, orienteering, athletics, basketball, handball, dodgeball, Olympic handball
· Engaging cultural events showcasing local writers and artists along with visiting artists
· Scenic walks, cycles and tours of local areas with historical or cultural significance
· Tóraíocht Taisce
· Swimming on the beautiful sandy beach
· Musical Sessions – bring your instrument if you play!
· Drama Workshops – interactive and enjoyable incorporating storytelling and sketches
· Tráth na gCeisteanna
· Set dancing workshops
Áirthintí ar-líne ag www.colaistelaichtin.ie